This error may be displayed on the configuration software V-SFT when data is transferred. When the V9 series does not respond within the set time, this error occurs.
[When the transfer cable "V-CP" is used]
- The transfer cable "V-CP" is not connected correctly.
- The COM port number set on the [Transfer] -> [Communication Setting] dialog is not consistent with the COM port number of the PC.
- MJ1 is being used for another function; however, the V9 series is not in Local mode.
- The "Set Port" at "Transfer Port for Editor" displayed in Local mode is not "MJ1".
- Check if the transfer cable "V-CP" is connected correctly to the MJ1 port of the V series.
- Check the COM port number using your PC's Device Manager, and set this port number for [Communication Port] on the [Transfer] -> [Communication Setting] dialog.
[COM port on the PC]
Example: When USB-serial converter is used:
- When MJ1 is being used for another function as well, be sure to switch to Local mode before data transfer.
- When using the serial ladder transfer function, "---" is displayed for "Set Port" at "Transfer Port for Editor" in Local mode. Press on the "---" area for two or more seconds to change it to "MJ1" and then transfer again.
To keep the "Set Port" setting as "MJ1" in Local mode at all times, configure the screen data as shown below.
Select [System Setting] -> [Hardware Setting] -> [Ladder Transfer] -> [Detail Settings] and check [Ladder Communication is not Used in Local Mode]
[When "Ethernet" is used]
- The LAN cable is not connected.
- The [LAN Setting] menu icon display in Local mode is as follows (link down):
- The IP address set on the [Transfer] -> [Communication Setting] dialog is not consistent with the IP address of the V series.
- The PC and the V series are not on the same network.
- Check if the LAN cable is connected correctly.
- The [LAN Setting] menu icon display in Local mode needs to be as follows (link up):
- When a hub is used, check the LED that indicates the hub link condition. If not lit, check the cable, and insert it into another empty port on the hub.
- Turn on the hub again.
- Check for errors in setting, such as exchanged data between the subnet mask and default gateway of the V series.
- Check the IP address of the V series on the [System Information] menu in Local mode, and set it on the [Communication Setting] dialog.
- Check a ping from the PC to the V series. If not pinged, check the IP addresses of the PC and the V series.
Example: Windows 7
[When "USB" is used]
The USB ladder transfer function is being used but the following action is not taken.
- The V series is not in Local mode.
- "LadderComOp" (Ladder Transfer Setting) is not offline.
- Switch to Local mode and transfer data. (Ladder communication is enabled on the RUN screen only.)
- Open "LadderComOp" (Ladder Transfer Setting), press [OFFLINE], and transfer data. The screen changes as follows when [OFFLINE] is pressed.
Was this page helpful?
Please cooperate with the questionnaire to make it better.