How to make a switch work only when the switch is held down
Follow the steps below.
* If you are using the V-SFT-6, see here.
Display the [Switch] dialog, select [Delay] and set for [ON delay] (units: 100 msec).
Example: The preset output memory operation, function or macro will be executed when the switch is held down for five seconds.
Use a macro command.
- Register the operation to be executed when the switch is pressed in a macro block.
Select [Registration Item] → [Macro Block], specify a number (not in use), and configure settings.
Example: Turn ON M1000 in PLC memory.
PLC [M1000] (ON)
- Display the [Switch] dialog and assign a memory address that is not in use for [Output Memory].
Example: [Output Memory]: Internal memory $u10000-00, [Output Action]: Momentary
- Click [Parts] → [Macro] → [Interval Timer], and place the icon on the screen.
- Display the [Interval Timer] dialog and configure as below.
- [Timeout Time] (units: 100 msec)
- [Use Start Memory] (the same memory address set in step 2)
- Execution macro No. (the same macro block number set in step 1)
Example: Execute the macro set for interval timer macro when the switch is held down for five seconds.
Was this page helpful?
Please cooperate with the questionnaire to make it better.