Characters are not displayed in character display parts as intended.
The action to take varies depending on the symptom.
[No text is displayed or a part of text is not displayed]
- Windows fonts are used but the text is not registered in the [Windows Font Registration] dialog.
- Null (00) code is stored in device memory.
- For character display, the text to display must be registered for each font type and size (in points).
Unregistered text is displayed as space.
1. Display the [Char. Display] dialog and click [Windows Font Registration].
V-SFT Ver.6: [Char.Prop.] → [Windows Font Registration]
V-SFT Ver.5: [Style] → [Windows Font Registration]
2. Register all text to display, and click [Execute Registration].
3. Follow steps 1. and 2. for each font type and size (in points).
* For the [Store Registered Text to Screen Data] setting, see below.
When saving the screen data, a font registration file (extension "*.txw") will be
This file is required when exporting the screen data from MONITOUCH. Be sure to
keep this file together with the screen data.
Fonts are stored in MONITOUCH together with the screen data.
Screen data storage capacity may be reduced according to the file size.
- The characters after the null (00) code are not displayed when a null (00) code is input.
To insert a space, input the space code (20H).
Example: Display "123 AB" in the character display part
with [Device Memory: D500] and [No. of Bytes: 6 (D500 to D502).
D500 = H3231
D501 = H0033 ← "00" (null) is inserted
D502 = H4241
Due to "00" (null), "AB" is not shown.
D500 = H3231
D501 = H2033 ← "00" (null) is changed to "H20" (space).
D502 = H4241
When "00" (null) is changed to "H20" (space), "123 AB" will be shown.
[Text is not displayed in the specified size]
Gothic fonts are used but [Manual Font Setting] is not made.
To show text in other than 12 points, [Manual Font Setting] is required.
Without [Manual Font Setting], text will be shown only in 12 points.
- Select [System Setting] → [Font Setting] → [Manual Font Setting].
- Check the boxes of the points and types to use.
Click [Calculate Memory], check the available memory capacity, and click [OK].
When the boxes in the [Manual Font Setting] tab are checked, the available
memory capacity for screen data will be reduced.
Be sure to select the required points and types only.
[Text is garbled]
The order of bytes of character codes stored in device memory is reversed.
The order of bytes read into the device memory of the TS/V series is set for [Text Process].
Store character codes in device memory according to this setting.
V-SFT Ver.6: [Char. Display] dialog → [Detail] → [Text Process]
V-SFT Ver.5: [Char. Display] dialog → [Main] → [Text Process]
Setting location: V-SFT editor [System Setting] → [PLC Communication] → [Communication Parameter] → [Detail] → [Text Process]
Was this page helpful?
Please cooperate with the questionnaire to make it better.