<TELLUS-HMI> Connection with MITSUBISHI Q series via Ethernet unit cannot be established.
Check the setting below.
Screen program settings
For V-SFT-6: [System Setting] > [Hardware Setting]
For V-SFT-5: [System Setting] > [Device Connection Setting]
- Select appropriate setting from [Select PLC Type]:
QnU series CPU with built-in LAN port: [QnU series (built-in Ethernet)]
Q series with an Ethernet unit: [QnH(Q) series (Ethernet)]
- [Device Connection Setting] > [PLC table] and specify PLC's IP addres and a port number
Built-in LAN port on the CPU
Set [PC parameter] in PLC programming software.
Set [Network parameters] in the PLC programming software.
Network parameters setting
Network type: Ethernet
Set an IP address and other settings.
Port No. setting
There are two different ways to set a port number. [Automatic open UDP port] is used for communications in a case where any Ethernet unit is available (models available are not designated).
[Open setting] is used in a case where communications are conducted only with the unit connected via Ethernet.
- Automatic open UDP port
The port number can be changed on the PLC programming software. 5000 (DEC) is set as default.
- Open setting
[Network parameters setting] > [Open settings]
|Fixed buffer||Send or Receive|
|Fixed buffer confirmation||Procedure exist (MC protocol)|
|Local station Port No.||PLC's port number|
|Destination IP address||TELLUS' IP address|
|Dest. Port No.||TELLUS' port number|
1:1 connection w/o HUB
Use a cross cable.
1:1 connectoin w/ HUB or 1:n connection
Use straight cables.
PC's IP address
Follow the procedure below to set a computer IP address.
The procedure below is provided for Windows 7
- Go to [Start] > [Control Panel].
- Click [Network and Sharing Center].
- Click [Change adapter settings].
- Select [Local Area Connection] and right click it to go to [Property] from the right-click menu.
- Go to [Local Area Connection Properties] > [Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)] and click [Properties].
- Set the IP address. When necessary, also set [Subnet mask] and [Default gateway].
TELLUS4/TELLUS3 (Ethernet settings)
Local Port Setting
This port number is used for communicating with V-Server or other stations that use SEND/EREAD/EWRITE/MES macro commands.
* This is not used for PLC communication.
- When own station information is registered in the Network Table in the screen program:
Check [Use Network Table] to set the table number.
*The IP address that is set in the Control Panel Setting on the PC is valid.
- When own station information is not registered in the Network Table in the screen program:
Specify inforamtion in this dialog.
PLC COM Port
This is for setting a port number to communicate with a PLC.
- [Specify Port No.] is checked:
Specify a port number set in the [Device Connection Setting] > [Communication Setting] in the screen program.
*When using an Ethernet unit and the port number is set by the Open setting on the PLC settings, this option must be ticked.
- [Specify Port No.] is not checked:
Unused port number is automatically assigned.
Was this page helpful?
Please cooperate with the questionnaire to make it better.